We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer in a role to assist in the delivery of remote isolation systems to clients, and ongoing development and innovation of Remsafe product.
- Functional safety lifecycle management;
- Scheduling and delivery of designs for remote isolation systems;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant statutory and legislative provisions;
- Factory and site acceptance testing, site commissioning;
- Provision of technical documentation to satisfy functional safety lifecycle and clients;
- Product failure analysis and continuous improvement;
- Product research, electrical design and development;
- Management of product design directives;
- Management of project execution to time and budget constraints; and
- Client communication and management.
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics;
- Competence in the following areas:
- Electrical Design;
- Electrical drafting using MicroStation;
- Cable calculations.
- Sound knowledge of applicable Australian Standards, codes of practice, and regulations;
- Working knowledge of Australian and International functional safety standards (AS61508, AS62061, AS61511, IEC13849) would be well regarded;
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to effectively communicate requirements, problems, and options to clients;
- Ability to work with clients to resolve issues and manage expectations;
- Ability to work in team environment.
Education & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience working with electrical systems in a mining or industrial environment;
- Project Management, and;
- PLC programming.