We are looking for an experienced Safety Engineer in a role to assist in the delivery of remote isolation systems to clients, and ongoing development and innovation of Remsafe product.
- Functional safety life cycle management;
- Scheduling and delivery of designs for remote isolation systems;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant statutory and legislative provisions;
- Factory and site acceptance testing, site commissioning;
- Provision of technical documentation to satisfy functional safety life cycle and clients;
- Product failure analysis and continuous improvement;
- Product research, design and development;
- Management of product design directives;
- Management of project execution to time and budget constraints; and
- Client communication and management.
Skills & Attributes
- Working knowledge of Australian and international functional safety standards (AS61508, AS62061, AS61511, IEC13849);
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics;
- Proven competence in the following areas: fault tree analysis; risk assessment, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA); safety systems hardware design, and; functional safety management.
- Sound knowledge of Australian Standards, codes of practice, and regulations relating to functional safety and safety in design;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to effectively communicate requirements, problems, and options to clients;
- Ability to work with clients to resolve issues and manage expectations;
- Ability to work in team environment.
Education & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline (electrical / mechatronic / control system / process);
- TUV Certification for Machine Safety;
- At least 5 years of experience in working with safety systems in an industrial environment;
- At least 5 years of experience in working in at least one of the following industries: Oil & Gas | Chemical Process | Materials Handling | Major Hazard Facilities;
- Project Management, and;
- PLC programming.